The Laura Dion-Jones Show Announces:


Laura Dion-Jones Promo 1 & Laura Dion-Jones Promo 2


Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Different From Everyone Else


"We are generally the better persuaded
by the reasons we discover ourselves
than by those given to us by others."

Blaise Pascal
(1623-1662, French scientist, religious philosopher)


Generally, this is so, but not always, and sadly, sometimes all too often we're left to our own devices that get us in trouble . . . even when we "think" we know better.

We'd be wise to listen to someone who's been there for most of her life . . .

But, stubborn creatures that we are - sometimes we have to find out the hard way, on our own, and when that doesn't work, it's high time we sought some professional motivational coaching help, and that's why I'm here.

I don't really give you reasons - I help you find your own and then point you to better results. Some have to be dragged, but that's another story . . .

Evidence my reply to a recent comment posted on my video voting audition page for the Oprah Talk Show Host Competition:


"Hi dionjones, 'blueyes2631' left a comment on your video."

"You should of presented something that was totally different from anyone elses diet. not everybody can walk and walk. some of us are limited on what we can do. I eat whatever I want and still loose weight. I just reduce my poriton size. Ive lost 25lbs in 3 months."


Dear Ole' Blueyes:

I am very different from everyone else. I'm a motivator, a catalyst who gets people moving in a much healthier, happier direction, physically, emotionally, mentally, personally, and professionally.

My "diet" is different from everyone else's - because it's really your diet - each individual's diet of choice.

And lucky you that all you have to do is reduce your portion size, and, Voila! You lose weight. Without any daily cardio, too. Imagine!

For some of us, it ain't that easy. For some of us - I'm talkin' the chronically obese - and I consider myself so, luckily I'm in recovery, but just one hot fudge sundae away from 317 pounds again -

For some of us, it isn't the portion size as much as WHAT we're eating.

Those of us who are highly carb sensitive can reduce our portions to almost anorexic proportions, count calories and points till Christ calls us home, and it's the white starch and sugar carbs that our pancreas counts whether we like it or not. Capisce?

Diet, nutrition, fitness and medicine are like religion: Each one, a drastically different diet dogma, a different diet "religion." Each one, a different school of nutritional thought, a different philosophy of medicine. And each one will have you believe their way is "The One and Only Way" for you, for everyone, to lose weight.

News Flash: There still is no one diet or health and fitness plan that's right for everybody. So as soon as people stop looking for the magic bullet, that paranormal pill, and start listening to someone who's actually been there for most of her life . . . well, you get the message, I hope.

And it's not my job to change anyone's mind about what diet they go on. Your success or lack of it should change your mind. It's my job to help you along the way of what you want to do - making sure you're as successful as can be.

And there is no true and everlasting weight loss without a good eating plan, or as we used to call it back in the day: a good, effective diet, combined with daily cardio.

For those who cannot walk, there are other non-weight-bearing cardio activities to help get and keep the weight off. But nothing else worked as well for me as daily walking. And I did it all with a few disabilities, too.

Lucky you . . .

Thanks for your time.

Best,

Laura

PS:

There's still time to vote for me! Up till midnight July 3rd PST.

Here's the link:

http://myown.oprah.com/audition/index.html?request=video_details&response_id=9840&promo_id=1

No comments:

Post a Comment