The Laura Dion-Jones Show Announces:


Laura Dion-Jones Promo 1 & Laura Dion-Jones Promo 2


Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Choice Is Yours


''Anybody with a little guts

and the desire to apply himself can make it,

he can make anything he wants to make of himself.''


Willie Shoemaker

(1931-2003, American racing jockey and trainer)



Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I've eaten more white starch and sugar carbs over the last 13 holiday days, than I've probably consumed during all of the past year.


And by now, I'm really sick of eating carb-laden holiday goodies and such, aren't you? So what better time to start on your new weight loss, health and fitness plans than right now?


Even though some of you might want to keep partying and eating like it's 2099, it's time to snap back to reality.


Today's Sunday, January 2, 2011, and I don't know about you, but it's time for me to climb back on that low carb weight loss wagon that serves me so well and buckle down, preparing for a serious diet beginning -- well -- gee whiz, today.


However, tomorrow is the first Monday of the New Year and high time we all kicked it in gear. No more excuses.


And if food is not love, why do I still feel guilty about giving away or throwing out certain homemade, from-the-heart holiday goodies, especially when that ''something special'' is food from a loved one?


For most I've talked to, this is their number one concern -- what to do with all that stuff, along with how they're gonna get fit this year, once and for all?


Seems everyone you talk to is tired of the yo-yo-ing uncertainties of life. And one thing I found out on my weight loss journey is: when all else fails, the one thing you can get a hold of, the one thing you can really begin to learn to control is your own weight, health and fitness. This will give you power and self confidence like nothing else.


So, if you're smart, you'll jump right back on the scale first thing tomorrow morning, write that number down in your new 2011 health and fitness journal, and seriously toe the line between now and the time you get all your unhealthy weight off -- whatever that personal goal may be.


The choice is yours.


Case in point: on the morning of the Eve of New Year's Eve, a woman walked toward me as I made my way up Kingsbury Street heading for the club. You know how you know that someone is just going to talk to you by the way they're looking at you:


''What an inspiration you are. I see you every day and don't know anyone at this club who's as dedicated to their daily cardio as you are. You're to be admired.''


I thanked her for making my day and she gasped when I told her a little bit about my own weight loss story, and that I cardio rowed for an hour a day doing weights every day but one, and fitting in PT and Pilates at least once a week, too.


''Why do you do it?'' she asked.


''I have no choice,'' I replied.


''You DO have a choice,'' she said with a smile as we parted.


''Thanks for reminding me.''


The choice IS yours, too. I hope you have the guts and the desire to apply yourself to make the right one for your health and fitness this year.


I'm dedicating this story to Sara whom I met on Kingsbury Street on my way to my daily workout, the Eve of New Year's Eve, 2010. Thanks for the reminder.


Happy New Year! Make the most of it.


Laura


Laura Dion-Jones

550 N. Kingsbury St. #120

Chicago, IL 60654

312-933-7325

1-2-11©

dionjones@aol.com

www.lauradionjones.com

www.lauradionjones.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment