"There is no greater illusion than fear."
Lao Tsu
And there is no greater fear than failing time after time with your health and fitness plans. I know the feeling . . .
A lot of you are having tremendous success with your Elgin's Biggest Loser 3/Commit To Get Fit weight loss and fitness programs.
I'm extremely proud of each one of you. Even those of you who have seen this movie many times before or perhaps have fallen off the wagon a bit lately but are eager to hop right back on - I'm proud of you for hanging in and trying to further improve your weight and wellness situation. The EBL door and my heart are always open to each of you.
I benefit from working with you and from what you're doing in ways you cannot even imagine, and I hope you benefit from what I do to lead the way.
This week's most important question:
What are you doing for your daily cardio?
What are you doing to make cardio a daily, life-long, healthy habit? Seriously.
"There are no short cuts, kids." - this week's EBL/Commit To Get Fit motto.
Write it on your bathroom mirror so you will see it while you brush your teeth and do your other hygiene routines . . .
Write it on a stickie and plaster it prominently on your computer screen right at center front, if you have to. Do whatever it takes to make the commitment to yourself and to me.
Question: Why Do Diets Fail?
How 'bout it?
According to the NBC "Today Show," some statistics prove that diets aren't working.
I say: No wonder! And here's why:
The experts need to redefine "healthy eating" because what's healthy for some isn't necessarily healthy for others - especially those who are highly carb sensitive/insulin resistant like I am.
If you really listen to all the medical media spout their mostly outdated diet dogma, they tout the same old - same old, which never, ever worked for me and isn't working for the majority of overweight people across our country, either.
You should no longer think of a diet as a "diet," but as the way you have to live from now on. What's so hard about that?
To change your lifestyle, you have to be in it for the long haul to win it.
To change your lifestyle you have to begin to change your mind.
And please stop blaming race, socio-economic issues and the economy for the way you eat. You are the only one putting food into your mouth. No one else is doing it to you . . . no one.
By making better food choices and adding a few, simple changes, like, picking a healthy, effective eating plan - or as we used to call it back in the day - A "diet," which you should have done by now - combining portion control, and adding daily cardio into the mix, you'll be much healthier come the end of this competition, on into the New Year and the rest of your life.
If you wanna.
But you gotta wanna.
And no one can wanna for you - but you . . .
Here's how:
1. You must fully commit from the beginning. You have to "Commit To Get Fit" and develop a positive mindset from the giddy-yup. Most of you have.
Some of you haven't. And it shows.
I am not the enemy - eating the wrong food, eating too much food, and having no fitness health habits are the enemies. Please remember that.
It's Y-O-U all the way.
2. You really gotta wanna and it has to be something personal. Something that's real meaningful to you, like, you're sick of hauling yourself around. Sick of disparaging comments. Sick of everything. And, believe me, I speak from past experience . . . Re-read "Your Perfect Storm," on page 34 of the new edition of my book, Commit To Get Fit, which most of you have. (Or you can order through my website.)
3. Learn to meditate - I use a hybrid of a few meditation methods that serves me well. It's what I teach to my Elgin's Biggest Loser participants on one of the nights of my seminars. We hold weekly weigh-ins followed by a Thinspiration Motivation meeting and conversation for a 12-week duration.
See www.elginsbiggestloser.com for successful stats, interesting data and more info.
4. Daily positive self-talk works wonders, but there's nothing like twice daily meditation for reinforcing your resolve. Works like a charm for me.
5. Set daily and weekly weight and fitness goals.
Keep a daily weight, fitness and walking log/journal. Our minds often play tricks on us - when something's written in black & white, it's more difficult to be in denial about what you're really doing to improve your health, weight, fitness and quality of life situations.
6. Define your diet. And as you lose weight you should feel satisfied and energized, no longer hungry, sloppy and sluggish. This is also up to you.
7. When you fall off the diet, health and fitness wagon, forgive yourself, immediately pick yourself up, dust yourself off and begin again - the very NEXT meal - not, "starting Monday."
Stop beating yourself up and obsessing over it. We're all human. And rest assured, you will have another meal.
And:
I welcome you to come on or call in to my radio show to share your diet, health, fitness and life experiences and ask us your questions - all to help motivate our listeners so everyone can benefit from hearing that your struggles are their struggles, too.
"The Laura Dion-Jones Show," is broadcast live Wednesdays from 3 to 4 PM CST on WRMN 1410 AM radio, internationally on www.wrmn1410.com.
Please email me at dionjones@aol.com for details.
My radio show's call-in line is 847-931-1410.
Again, I highly encourage everyone to post your questions to me on my blog so more people can benefit by identifying with you through reading about your problems as well as my replies.
Again, many of you are doing really, unbelievably well. Keep it up!
And please use your walking and fitness logs to your advantage. Everything I tell you, everything I write and send to you is to help you have the same success with your health, fitness and weight loss that I, and so many others, now enjoy.
That said - I'll see all y'all on the radio!
My BEST to the very BEST,
Laura
www.lauradionjones.com
www.elginsbiggestloser.com

No comments:
Post a Comment