The Laura Dion-Jones Show Announces:


Laura Dion-Jones Promo 1 & Laura Dion-Jones Promo 2


Sunday, October 24, 2010

Make One Better Choice Every Day

"You can do what you have to do,
and sometimes you can do it even better than
you think you can."

-Jimmy Carter-
(1924-, American President (39th)


The other day while cardio-rowing at the club, I was lamenting to Margaret, one of my Goddess-girlfriends, about how I'd love to knock off a few more pounds then call it a day and maintain that weight for life, if possible - when up walks one of Margaret's own Goddess-Girlfriends, a gal named Kathy, who looks like Gabrielle Reece, the tall, statuesque, Olympic volleyball champ who's married to Laird Hamilton, the equally gorgeous, internationally renown, extreme surfing champion.

Gabrielle, I mean, Kathy, then plunks down on the rowing machine just to my right, Margaret was on my left - and I found myself squeezed between these two Goddesses - sort of like a Goddess sandwich with me as the minced meat in the middle.

Anyway, we got to talking chocolate and both gals fessed up, much to my surprise, that they eat chocolate every single day - OMG! - and still manage to look the way they do.

I mean, you wouldn't expect gals who look like these two to indulge in a daily dependency on chocolate ever letting the stuff pass through their lips, but they do.

"How do you control it," I asked, "so it doesn't get the better of you and pack on unwanted pounds?"

Each looked at the other and laughed.

"We're very, very selective with what we eat and all our other food choices are healthy, and organic when possible. And we keep an eye on everything else we eat - we eat to live, we do not live to eat. Food is fuel. And we workout every single day - just like you do!" They said, almost in unison.

"Well then, why don't I look like you two do?" I shrieked.

Margaret reminded me to get back to making at least one better, healthier choice every day. And when I'm reaching for a piece of Dove milk chocolate, rethink the choice and make a better selection. Do it once, just for one day.

Then the next day - do it again, and again the day after that, reminding yourself to make better, healthier choices every day.

Well, you know me, one day turned into the next and I made better choices the second day, too.

And after a week, I ran into Margaret at the club and when I told her how I got through the last seven days, she smiled and asked how I felt.

"Confident," I replied, "and in control, which is what it took for me to shed all my unwanted pounds in the first place. I was in control. And daily cardio, which is another control issue."

When you control exactly what you eat and how much you move every day, nothing can stand in your way. You run the show. You call the shots with regard to your own weight, health and fitness - and eventually everything else, really. You gain confidence when you're in total control and then the sky's the limit.

So, you know what you have to do: make just one better, healthier choice in your eating and fitness routines today - and show yourself that you can do it - be in even better control of yourself than you think you can.


Laura Dion-Jones
550 N. Kingsbury St. #120
Chicago, IL 60654
312-933-7325
October 15, 2010©
dionjones@aol.com
http://www.lauradionjones.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment