I recently received this letter from one of my current EBLs. It's a response to my latest article about my nephew, and I wanted to share:
Dear Laura,
Thank you for this article. This is very inspirational. And congrats to your nephew!
My hubby and I had gone away with my brother-in-law and his wife to their lake house in MI. I was doing ok while we were up there; watching the carbs, except some ice cream at night. My hubby and I went for a walk 2 of the 3 days we were up there. Then yesterday came. L We had about 30 people at the house to come meet the new additions to our family (our new 9 week old kittens). I started out good. Then……..there were cookies (several! Ok…many) and chips and a glass of sangria, then lemonade! I felt horrible last night. Your nephew made a comment about feeling sick after now drinking a regular Coke. That’s how I felt last night. It has been so long since I have eaten like me old self (whatever-whenever-as much as I wanted) that it made me ill. I won’t be eating like that again. I felt yucky (not to mention guilty L). I got on that gazelle for a full hour this morning! My number won’t be a good one tomorrow, but I have learned my lesson and have jumped back on the wagon first thing this morning.
Thanks for the inspiration. I saw K yesterday. She brought me her book “No More Fat Kids” to read. I will start reading it tonight.
M.S.
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You go MS!!! It's no wonder she is in FIRST PLACE! She listened to you and followed your advice, that's what you are there for. Your own experience is helping others! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteWeight loss isn't Rocket Science. For those of us who are highly carb sensitive, white starch and sugar carbs are endocrine disrupting chemicals - they make us overproduce insulin - insulin is the fat hormone - and what's making us all fat - not dietary fat.
ReplyDeleteWhy do you think Sumo wrestlers dietary mainstay is white rice with a fresh veggie broth - when they want to bulk up. White rice is the one and only source of white starchy carbs they eat. Need I say more?
Keep your white starch and sugary carbs at about 30-35 gr a day, work up to a minimum of 1 hour of cardio a day - and watch your weight fall off.
This gal gets up at 4 AM to do her Gazelle for an hour, watches her carb count throughout the day - and her weight's falling off.
Laura