The Laura Dion-Jones Show Announces:


Laura Dion-Jones Promo 1 & Laura Dion-Jones Promo 2


Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lisa:
Yep, I got it all in on Monday, just like I intended to.
And thanks for asking.
Too soon to tell on the blood tests and re-biopsy.
Praying for the best. For us all.
Onward . . .
BEST,
Laura
PS: BTW - taking a rowing lesson this AM.
It's been suggested to me to try it to cut down the amount
of time I'm spending doing cardio every day.
I need to maximize my time better. As it stand now, I do about
90 minutes of cardio a day. Would love to get it back down to 60 minutes
of a more intense workout so I can get on with my day.
From my experience - CARDIO IS KING! Or QUEEN, or for us gals!
I need more time to work, write and post to the
motivational blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone,

    This is Elgin's Biggest Loser Weight Loss Contest winner Common Sense Clarence Hayward inviting everyone to catch my interview this Wed. May 12 sometime from 3-4 pm at WRMN 1410 AM on Laura's radio show.

    For those that can't do that I think you can go to WRMN web site and listen to a tape but I am not sure.

    Visual results AND medical numbers

    It has been one week since the 8th week final weigh in for your Elgin Biggest Loser Weight Loss Contest. Being the visual person that I am I brought in four bags of eight pound potatoes and one 5 lb. bag to visually show just how much weight I lost under your motivation and guidance, a total of 37.6 lbs. At the first weigh in as a big bellied 56 year old baby boomer I weighed in at 197 lbs. on my 66.5 inch body. The body mass index calculator had told me I was considered obese for my age, height and weight. It told me that I was fatter than 77 percent of the people my age.

    I was a type II Diabetic. My doctor, Lucy Bianchi at Winter’s Family Practice in Elgin had told me that the next four month diabetes check up if my A1C sugar number was still high she was going to put me on one shot of insulin each day. I currently was on three different pill medications the highest dose.

    My cholesterol numbers and triglycerides were all way to high. My blood pressure was a bit high.

    So after your 8 week contest I weighed in at 159.4 lbs. for a total weight loss of 37.6 lbs. which is a drop of 19.08% of my body weight. My A1C sugar blood measurement improved to a 7. That number would have been even better but the measurement is over a two or three month period and only reflected health dieting and cardio for 6 weeks of that time frame.

    My total cholesterol, good cholesterol, bad cholesterol numbers all improved 40% or more, triglycerides improved 85%. I was able to get off two of my diabetes medications, when I am eating right and doing daily cardio I am only on one fourth dose of the third medication in the morning and one fourth dose in the evening. My cholesterol medication dose had been reduced in half.

    I had the reputation in our church scout troop of being the loudest snorer. My wife and teen age son are happy to report I don’t snore anymore.

    Help me cut the fat in Kane County government by hiring me with your votes for current incumbent Cathy Hurlbut's Kane Board Seat in District 19 this November 2, 2010.

    Thank you!

    Common Sense, Independent, Clarence Hayward

    ReplyDelete