New years day.
Laura was featured in an article in The Courier-News, a member of Sun-Times Media, talking about her new show, The Laura Dion-Jones Show, and her road to successful weight loss.
Check out the link below for the full story!
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/couriernews/lifestyles/1967629,3_1_EL01_GETFIT_S1-100101.article
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy Tuesday Laura!!
ReplyDeleteI have kept a log for the past 2 weeks weighing myself and recording my workouts. I have lost 2 lbs...slowly but surely. I have also been picking and choosing what I've been eating. Some low fat and some low carb. I haven't been able to devote 100% to low carb but I'm trying.
*I love walking but haven't done any since the weather turned ugly.
*I love running on the tredmill.
*Aerobics...Sweatin to the Oldies 1 and 2, Party off the Pounds etc.
*Bob Harper's Biggest Looser Boot Camp...combining upper and lower body cardio with weights.
*Resistance bands, big huge yoga ball.
*Step classes. (I haven't personally done this)
*Yoga.
*Salsa Dance DVD's...this one is really hard and I have a lot of trouble with this. It's to fast!!
*Swimming.
That is how I lost the first 30 and plan on loosing another 30!! My goal right now is to get under 200 so I have 25 lbs. to go.
Dear Big Momma:
ReplyDeleteYou sure do like to change things up a bit, don't you?!
Looks like what you're doing to lose your unhealthy, excess weight is a good thing - as long as it's done in a healthy way and I applaud you for this effort and thinking up ways to keep yourself interested in daily cardio. Very interesting.
Once you get into the swing of eating low carb, it gets much easier. I also ate low fat to lose my original 130 pounds in the modified Atkins diet I chose.
You'll lose weight on a consistent basis if you keep your daily carb count to 30-35 carbs when you COMBINE it with an hour of daily cardio.
I know for some beginners, they have to work up to 60 minutes of cardio a day. I did. I could barely walk 2,000 steps (1 mile) at first. Now, look . . . since January 1, 2003, I've walked over 19,000 miles, or 2/3 of the way around the earth at the equator! And I've left nearly 150 pounds in my wake, to date.
There really is no true and everlasting weight loss without a good diet that you can live with forever, and doing the hour of daily cardio.
If I would've followed the advice of a lot of the "TV exercise experts," and worked out only 2-3 times a week for 20-30 minutes, I'd still be 317 pounds, or worse.
All I can say is, Way To Go, Girlie! Keep up the good work and keep us posted.
Thank you so much for your advice and posting back! I am now up to doing cardio 1 hour/day and am really paying attention to my carbs.
ReplyDeleteI have been keeping a daily log and have lost 2 lbs in two weeks!
I have been a listening to your radio show since the very beginning and think what you are doing is great. I look forward to it every week.