The Laura Dion-Jones Show Announces:


Laura Dion-Jones Promo 1 & Laura Dion-Jones Promo 2


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hope for Success

Hope for Success
By
Laura Dion-Jones

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."
George Sheehan

(1918 - 1993, American physician and author)



Hope is essential for making any lifestyle change your successful new reality. With each step you take in the right direction, you'll feel less reluctant and more hopeful on your journey. With every success comes more success - success does breed success. But it's up to you to keep the "Big Mo" going once you begin.

Arrange your environment to make your new lifestyle change easier to manage. Tweaking your fridge, cabinets, pantry, purse, briefcase, locker, hide-y-hole, and workplace will help you stay on track with your Commitment To Get Fit. Using everything at your disposal to your best advantage will support you in your health and fitness efforts and assure ultimate success in achieving your goals. Trust me on this - I lost almost 150 pounds to date using every little trick in the book I could think of. I still do and I'm holding my new lifestyle weight for 6 years, now.

Remove all temptations from the fridge, or put them in places where you can't see them as soon as you open the door. Out of sight is usually safely out of mind - and if you don't lose your unhealthy weight sooner than later, you will be out of your mind - with endless discomfort, illness and more.

I stock up on all my fave, low carb foods and snacks and arrange them right, smack where I can see them as soon as I open the fridge or cabinet door. I also tape little notes to places where I might turn for food comfort in a weak moment: "Think before you eat it!" "Count those carbs!" "Suicide by Sugar!" Are three of my favorites.

And if someone brings me carb-laden treats, I give them away or store them out of reach, far away from the kitchen, in my back storeroom, high up on a shelf or in the extra freezer (if you have one) - stash the stuff anywhere but right under your nose. Make yourself work to get at it. Gives you time to think and reason with yourself why you absolutely should not be eating it. Works for me.

Someone once said, "Change is a process, not a destination." Your destination is reaching a healthy, new goal weight and then keeping it there for life. It's not that hard, trust me. Staying fat is way more difficult, takes a lot more energy, and involves quite a bit more discomfort and unhappiness.

Lots of positive, healthy little steps add up to big, lifelong changes.

So, have the hope, courage, determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.


Laura Dion-Jones
550 N. Kingsbury St #120
Chicago, IL 60654
312-933-7325
January 1, 2010©
dionjones@aol.com
www.lauradionjones.com

1 comment:

  1. Laura,
    It's funny because after I read this blog, I did exactly that you said to do...clean out the fridge and cabinets. I got rid of almost everything preparred in boxes and cans. Used up and donated anything that wasn't fresh.

    I am a stay at home mon and live right by the grocery store. I decided to go to the store everyday to get fresh food. My friends/relatives come over and see the empty fridge/pantry and think we are to poor to buy groceries. I told them my approach to start eating healthier but I don't think they believe me.
    How can I convince them to stop bringing over preparred foods like mac and cheese, cookies and stuff?

    ReplyDelete