The Laura Dion-Jones Show Announces:


Laura Dion-Jones Promo 1 & Laura Dion-Jones Promo 2


Saturday, October 24, 2009

Take The Risk

Take The Risk - Break Through Your BS

By
Laura Dion-Jones Casey

"It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

Anais Nin


I ran into an old guy pal of mine at the club the other day. He was pumping and sweating his butt off on one of the gym's gazillion LifeCycles - and I'm sad to say, I've never seen him bigger. He always has some excuse or other about why he's fat and can't keep his weight off once and for all. This is a guy who has me and Oprah both beat at Yo-Yo dieting. Like us, he's one of the world's undisputed, chronic diet Mavens.

It's been quite a long time since we've seen each other and my friend barely recognized me. When he finally realized who I was, he burst into an enormous smile and dang near fell off his bike.

Once I had his full attention, I told him I wanted to slap him (a friendly Southside endearment) because he still, after all these years, has no command over himself and food. As usual, he started in with this bit about how he's on yet another "new" program since July and has lost a good 15 pounds - so that means he was bigger, yet.

Let's see - 15 pounds lost since July is nothing to sniff at - a pound a week, maybe - but if this guy is telling me the truth about how much daily cardio he's doing and what he's eating, a bit more should've come off by now - if he were truly on the right diet, health and fitness plan for him. And it shouldn't be such a struggle, either.

This is what a lot of people don't get: it's not that difficult to shed your unhealthy, unwanted, excess poundage - and then learn to keep it off once and for all - but you have to be on the right diet and fitness plan - for you. Not the same old - same old because it's easy . . . Nor the same old - same old because your doctor says so. If it isn't working and you're giving it your all - it's just not working - so find an alternative - another doctor, a different healthy eating plan you can live with till your weight's off and then follow it forever. This is one of the core "secrets" to true and everlasting weight loss. Trust me.

So, forthright, outspoken wench that I am, I told my pal that if I were he, I'd be doing no less than 1 hour of cardio a day (which he swears he is), plus weights 3 times a week (ditto) and at least an hour of Pilates (which he just started) squeezed in his week somewhere.

He then proceeds to tell me about his wife who has kept her weight off (I believe she previously had the gastric by-pass, but I forgot how long ago.) and has "only regained about 15 pounds." From sweets. Her weakness. Mine, too.

I promptly told him she better get a grip and fast. "Only" 15 pounds leads to 20, then 30, and pretty soon - well, you know the rest. How many of us live our lives this way - up till now, anyway?

I reiterated how I not only lost my original 130 pounds and am keeping them off into my 6th year, but recently even managed to squeeze off another 10.

Need I say more?

He then proceeded to tell me about his cousin, who I also know (another one of the original Yo-Yo Diet Queens of the Universe). She was once very high profile in the media and was one of my best clients when I had my Plus-Size clothing design company, Dion-Jones, Ltd., so I know her personal health history pretty well.

Turns out the Cuz also had gastric by-pass surgery and then promptly turned right around and regained everything she lost plus more. And, surprise! She's struggling her ass off - still.

I got my pal's current address and sent him, his wife and cousin copies of my quick-start booklet, Commit To Get Fit: The Secret To True And Everlasting Weight Loss so they can Commit themselves to getting more fit - once and for all.

At his suggestion, I'm following up with them all. It's high time they got off that useless, unnecessary, unhealthy, fat merry-go-round.

It's not that difficult to lose a great deal of weight. Trust me on this. I never suffered, I still don't.
What barriers do you have to break through in order to pop out of that tight, painful bud you're stuck in and blossom into a healthier, more fit you in the coming year?

It's well worth the risk it takes to finally break through your old BS and gain control of your entire being - beginning with food and serious daily cardio - for life.

Find a way to do it. For the health of it.


Laura Dion-Jones Casey
550 N. Kingsbury St #120
Chicago, IL 60654
312-933-7325
October 13, 2009©

1 comment:

  1. I've totally been there with the yo-yo dieting. I've tried what seems like everything and can't take the weight off. I am going to slowly try to cut out the carbs, something I haven't done before. It is worth a try, right? I have to look deep inside myself to figure out what is keeping me from loosing this weight.

    ReplyDelete