The Laura Dion-Jones Show Announces:


Laura Dion-Jones Promo 1 & Laura Dion-Jones Promo 2


Thursday, November 15, 2012

Holiday Eating Survival Tips


"Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams.    Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled Potential.     Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in,  but with what it is still possible for you to do." 
                     Pope John XXII


    And what’s still possible for you to do right now, if you want to, is actually lose weight during the upcoming, year-end holidays. Here’s how:

For starters, you only need to take one heaping serving spoonful of your fave foods and that’s it. It has to be. And eat slowly. Savor. Enjoy.

On the big day, you’re allowed to heap your plate only once, so if I were you, I’d seriously think about what I can’t live without – like Aunt Tillie’s garlic smashed potatoes or Gramma’s corn bread stuffing. 

For me, personally, it’s sweet potato casserole in any form as long as it’s swimming in butter and sumptuous sweetness.

And then the desserts.

My motto used to be: “Life is short, eat dessert first.” Well, no more. I finally learned my “fat” lessons well, and know when to say “no.”

I always tell people that I firmly believe I’m just one, real good, hot fudge-brownie sundae away from 317 pounds and climbing – and it’s no joke.

I absolutely refuse to let myself get fat ever again. I refuse to let my weight escalate or fluctuate more than 5 pounds at a time. The weight loss and wellness rewards and benefits are way too great to backslide because of food, not to mention how fabulous you’ll look and feel, too.

The bottom line for anyone who wants to keep a grip on their weight and not pack on any more pounds during these year-end holidays or any holiday is: Don’t let yourself get seduced by your favorite foods and drinks. It’s SO not worth it. Eat them in total moderation when you have to. And deep down, you know what you have to do.

When you slip up, stop, cease and desist immediately. Do NOT use the excuse, “What the hell, might as well finish off that last piece of pecan praline pie and smother it in real whipped cream, while I’m at it. How much worse can things get at this point?”

You really wanna know?! Slip into the bathroom and hop on the scale and then you’ll see for yourself. No one else will have to tell you.

If you get that carried away, don’t beat yourself up. Begin again right then, or at the very next meal. And if you find that you can’t help yourself and you still eat like you’re gonna be shot at sunrise on Black Friday or New Year’s Day, well, I can’t help ya there – you’ve been forewarned.

Holiday Happenings are just excuses to keep eating more, to keep wallowing in the same old behavior that got you where you are right now - what got you in trouble in the first place.

Tell me I'm wrong.

It’s up to you to break the cycle of allowing yourself the excuse to continue gorging and packing it in till the day after when those ugly, unhealthy, unwanted pounds will surely be puffing out your face, tummy, hips and big butt.

Remember: You wear what you eat. Get the visual. Let a heaping tablespoon of your favorite foods do you, and then that’s it! Why do you need more?

For us food junkies, sadly, our addiction’s written all over our faces and bodies, unlike alcoholics and drug addicts – who have a much easier time hiding their hideous habit.

Make “Walk and weigh every single day” your health, fitness and lifestyle mantra through all holidays, birthdays, Super Bowl and beyond.

You’ll be glad you did! It’s still possible for you to do it.

There are NO excuses.

Get creative – now make these eating survival tips your own.

Your Mantra for 2013: EAT LESS CARBS – Do MORE DAILY CARDIO.
Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night.

# # #
* If your corporation, organization, company or group is interested in having me come and present my “Commit To Get Fit” motivational weight loss and wellness programs, I will put on a highly effective presentation tailored specifically for you. Contact info below:

* And for a more comprehensive, downloadable “Holiday Eating Survival Tip sheet,” visit my new wellness website,  HYPERLINK  www.commit-fit.com. We launch December 1, 2012.

* Laura Dion-Jones is a Pro-Health Activist, Certified Corporate Wellness Coach, Certified Wellness Coach, Radio Show Host, motivational & lifestyle writer & speaker.

* Through Laura’s highly successful Commit To Get Fit/Elgin’s Biggest Loser motivational weight loss and wellness program, Laura helped motivate over 182 Elgin area residents to lose 1800 pounds in a little over 18 months.

Here’s hoping you’ll be next.

* Laura is available for speaking engagements, individual coaching, and corporate wellness programs.

Email  HYPERLINK "mailto:Laura@commit-fit.com" for further details.

* E:  HYPERLINK "mailto:Laura@commit-fit.com" Website:  HYPERLINK  www.commit-fit.com

Blog:  HYPERLINK http://www.elgin.bocajump.com/blog

Snob Hounds Canine Couture:  HYPERLINK http://www.snobhounds.com

* We’d love to hear from you, so please feel free to comment on what I wrote here or in any of my previous motivational articles/blogs by sending an email to  HYPERLINK "mailto:paul.bocajump@gmail.com".

* As with any new diet and fitness plan, be sure to check with your physician before you begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment