The Laura Dion-Jones Show Announces:


Laura Dion-Jones Promo 1 & Laura Dion-Jones Promo 2


Friday, September 18, 2009

Walk With Your Eyes Open

"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty,

charm and adventure.
There is no end to the adventures that we can have
if only we seek them with our eyes open."

Jawaharlal Nehru

(1889-1964, Indian nationalist, statesman)


STREET SEEN:

On a very recent morning walk, we slid right up next to a rather nice looking, younger guy waiting for the light to change so we could all continue on east up Wacker. What made me take notice of him was the way he was dressed.

While for his particular height, he would be considered "Petite" if he were a woman, the word is still "short," unfortunately, for a man.

But his bearing and the way the guy was dressed clearly gave one the impression that he was way taller than his actual, physical size.

His impeccably tailored suit was perfectly proportioned for him. Not overly expensive, not custom made, just flawlessly fit to his more manly frame.

Oftentimes menswear lacks the size range sensitivity for the height challenged male. Men of slighter stature used to be relegated to buying suits and clothing that were always too large for them and then had to have the stuff tailored, ending up looking like they had their older, bigger brother's clothes on. Somehow their proportions are always out of whack.

Not this guy. He sure knows where and how to shop for himself. He was the sharpest, most well turned out male on the street that day.

The rich, midnight-ink color of his suit matched his olive complexion and complimented his overall appearance giving him an air of wealth without looking too fussy.

He sported a burnt orange backpack slung high over one shoulder - not a schlubby, dingy, outdoors-y affair, but a pristine looking pack that did not tug or distort his suit jacket as is so often the case with many businessmen we see making their way to work everyday.

The light changed and he sped out ahead of us, but using him as our "rabbit," we pursued hot on his heels.

A few lights up, he changed direction, heading south, waiting for another light.

By now, I was so impressed and taken with how well he was dressed, I decided to say something to him about it - as I always do when I see someone that well put together no matter where I'm at.

"Excuse me, I'm a clothing designer, motivational writer, speaker, and all-round observer of human nature and I'd just like you to know that you look totally together! Your suit fits you like it was made for you and given your stature sensitivity, I'm so glad to see that the menswear industry has finally "got it!" You look absolutely fabulous!"

The guy lit up like Times Square on New Year's Eve.

I love making someone's day like that. Everyone who puts that kind of effort into looking their absolute best deserves to hear how great they look.

I watched the guy as he crossed the street striding south, looking like he was every bit of six feet tall.

Cuz by now, he was!

Every single day is an adventure when you walk with your eyes open; you see all sorts of odd, interesting and neat stuff. Besides all the incredible health and fitness benefits you gain, that's the real fun of it.

Weight loss and improved health and fitness are an adventure, too. Open your eyes and take a realistic look at where you're at health and fitness-wise and decide to do something to improve your situation today.

Walk everyday for the health and adventure of it.

Walk everyday for your life.

Laura Dion-Jones Casey

550 N. Kingsbury St. #120
Chicago, IL 60654
312-933-7325
November 1, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment