It's OK to Skip a Day
By Laura Dion-Jones Casey
Sort of . . .
By Laura Dion-Jones Casey
Sort of . . .
A dear friend of mine named, Boudreaux, lives on a little farm in a town called Mamou down near old New Orleans. He's terribly overweight, on the verge of type II diabetes, his arteries are clogging up by the nano-second and he's in for a lot worse health-wise if he doesn't clean up his act and do something about his weight and fitness right now - so his doctor put him on a diet.
Boudreaux's doc told him: "I want you to eat regularly for two days, then skip a day, and repeat this procedure for two weeks.
The next time I see you, you should have lost at least five pounds to start.
When Boudreaux returned to the doc two weeks later, he shocked the doctor by having lost nearly sixty pounds.
"Why, that's amazing!" the doctor said. "Did you follow my instructions?"
Boudreaux nodded and said, "I'll tell you though, by God, I thought I wuz gonna drop dead on dat third day."
"From the hunger, you mean?" asked the doctor.
"Hell no, doc, it wuz from all dat dang skippin'," Boudreaux shot back.
While Boudreaux has taken his doctor's diet and daily cardio advice to the extreme, you don't have to. It is still possible to lose a good sixty pounds by the end of this year - if you really want to - and begin right now.
If you have a lot of weight to lose, or even just a little, but find yourself constantly struggling to get it off and keep it off - I have news for you: You're on the wrong diet and fitness plan - for you.
When I lost my initial 130 pounds in 2 ½ years, I never really struggled or suffered depravation simply because I followed a modified Atkins low carb diet plan. And I still do. And my weight's still off.
White starch and sugar carbs are the culprits that are keeping you fat by overproducing insulin. So think low carb if you really want to get it all off and keep it off. Following either a modified Atkins (my first choice), South Beach or Zone diet will give you the results you're after. Combined with daily cardio, of course.
And, no, it's not really OK to skip a day while you're trying to lose weight - especially in the very beginning.
You have to take advantage of your successful momentum as it builds and be diligent in your diet, daily cardio and fitness efforts to see results.
Because results matter.

No comments:
Post a Comment